Monday, June 10, 2013

Broadneck High School Graduation 2013

Graduation is such an exciting time. This one day, complete with hats that look like you're balancing a square book on your head, is the culmination of years of hard work. Hard work in classes, struggling with AP Calculus problem sets until 2 in the morning. Hard work pulling yourself out of bed at 6 am every morning. Hard work coming up with ways to procrastinate homework, ways to get to WaWa without a car, and ways to get out of going to school after AP exams are over. Okay, so maybe there are a few different definitions of difficulty-- but you get the picture :)

Speaking of pictures (corny transition, wooh hoo!) I took some at Broadneck's Graduation on June 6, 2013 at the Equestrian Center in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. It was so weird being on the other side of graduation: read my thoughts here

On to the day's events!

Adam Greene sings the national anthem:
 Students enter the arena:
 The chorus sings an AMAZING medley arranged by 2013 graduate Anna Tayman. Anna, the arrangement was just fabulous. The singers are so talented-- I had chills!
 A tender moment of congratulations between Joe Kozik and my brother, Matt Nicholson. Mr. Kozik was both Matt and my guidance counselor. He is retiring this year. 
 Excited graduate Aris Karditas waves to his family in the stands.

 Ashton Ebert, SGA President, gives his remarks.
 My brother Matt Nicholson receives his diploma from Principal David Smith.
 Celebrate!
 Graduates.




 Beautiful Victoria Sames looks on.


 You did it!

To see more, look at the facebook album:

and even more on the PASS site (only active for 30 days):

While you're at it, go "like" Kylie Nic Photography on facebook:

and read my other blog on graduation!

That's all, folks! What is your favorite moment or memory of graduation? Comment below! I'd love to hear from you.

Photographically yours,

Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the official blog for Kylie Nic Photography. Here is where you can keep up with who i'm shooting, where i'm shooting, what's going on in my life, and all of my latest work. Hope to see you back here soon!

Followers