Monday, July 21, 2014

Coffee and Coursework with a Stylin' Canadian-- NYC People Series #2

What's my first stop once I disembark my bus to NYC? Starbucks, of course. The great thing about midtown is that you're never more than a block from Starbs. After photographing Maddie and saying goodbye, I went to get a caffeine hit.

Confession: I love a nicely dressed gentleman- preferably European. So when I spotted Guillaume a few spots ahead of me in line, I took note of his dapper style: tan pants, a nice patterned shirt, a leather satchel bag, socks and dress shoes. He looked stylish, intellectual, and European. If you know me at all, you know I'm a huge intellectual nerd (I love books and philosophy) and I left my heart at Cambridge University last summer. I wanted to be his friend. I ended up sitting next to him at the tables, where he was working on coursework. My curiosity got the best of me. "Excuse me", I asked him, "could I ask what you're working on?" He displayed his Arab studies book and explained he was writing a paper on Arab jews.



Guillaume is a student at NYU Abu Dhabi double majoring in Arab studies and Theatre. Originally from Canada, he spent two years in Britian before heading to Abu Dhabi. He's studying at the New York campus for the summer, and will end up at Tisch (NYU's performing arts school in New York) for the latter part of his degree.

Guillaume, thanks for sparing a few moments to chat with me. I wish you all the best in your studies & travels.


Photographically yours,

Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the official blog for Kylie Nic Photography. Here is where you can keep up with who i'm shooting, where i'm shooting, what's going on in my life, and all of my latest work. Hope to see you back here soon!

Followers