Friday, February 1, 2013

Young Guru @ USC

Hello lovely readers!

As some of you may know, I photograph for the Thornton Popular Music Program. Every Friday an industry professional comes to speak to the Popular Music students. Last Friday, I had the pleasure of photographing Young Guru speak to the students.

There are certain guests that I can't help but feel inspired from-- and Young Guru was one of them. Wise beyond his years, Young Guru related his story of growing up, building his own engineering equipment, and working hard to make his dreams come true. He spoke candidly about his experiences in the business and with other people. Some of his wisdom:

It's not a conceited thing; my mother raised me to believe that I can do anything I set my mind to. I don't care how long it takes-- if I decide I want to do something I will work to learn until I know how to do it. I could spend four years studying how to build a rocket, but I would eventually build one. 





"The worst thing to do is become popular or famous without being the real you-- because then you just have to keep up the lie"




"It's all about the emotion once you get the technique; the emotion you evoke in your audience"



"Life already started. Don't wait until you get out of college to do what you want to do- do it now."





Young Guru was so humble, exuding such wisdom, bowing as the audience erupted in applause at the end.

Staying humble, Young exclaimed "I have to get a picture with Patrice Rushen!!" or else his mom would be angry with him. Such an honor to be in the presence of both Young and Patrice!



This one's my favorite-- such candid joy! :)



I love my job.

Photographically yours,

Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the official blog for Kylie Nic Photography. Here is where you can keep up with who i'm shooting, where i'm shooting, what's going on in my life, and all of my latest work. Hope to see you back here soon!

Followers